Advance Concrete is specifically designed for engineers and structural draftsmen looking for comprehensive and easy to use software, including its own graphics engine allowing it to run with or without AutoCAD.
The application can be used for modeling and detailing different types of concrete structures, such as buildings, precast concrete elements, and also for civil engineering designs.
Advance Concrete uses AutoCAD technology.This technology provides users with professional objects (beams, columns, slabs, bars, frames, stirrup bars) integrated into AutoCAD and on which most basic AutoCAD functions can be applied (stretch, shorten, copy, move).
The main functions of Advance Concrete concern:
- 2D / 3D modeling of concrete structures;
- Automated drawings, with tools for automatic creation of sections, elevations, foundations, isometric views, etc.;
- Advanced reinforcement, with automatic creation and update functionalities and also with manual input tools;
- Creation of paper drawings;
- Automatic bill of materials.
- Multi-user modeling. Users can securely and simultaneously work on the same project through a shared database that stores the model data.
The program provides a working environment for creating 3D structural models from which drawings are created. The 3D model is created using Advance Concrete specific objects (structural elements, openings, rebars, etc.) and stored in a drawing (in DWG format). Once a model is complete, Advance Concrete creates all structural and reinforcement drawings using a large selection of tools for view creation, dimensions, interactive annotations, symbols, markings and automatic layout functions. Advance Concrete provides functionalities for automatic drawing updates based on model modifications.
Reinforcement drawing created in Advance Concrete.
One of the features of Advance Concrete is the “dynamic reinforcement” technology for the rapid reinforcement of concrete elements taking into account their context (type, parameters, connection with other elements). The user creates a so-called dynamic reinforcement solution that integrates the reinforcement cage elements and properties: geometric information, local rules and standards for steel grade, reinforcement bar placement, concrete cover, etc. The reinforcement solutions can be used later for elements that have different sizes. The reinforcement elements adjust to the new dimensions and are taken into account at reinforcement drawing creation and lists. The user can save the reinforcement solution in an external file, which can be exchanged, downloaded, reused in any other projects etc.
3D modeling tools
Easy-to-use tools support fast, more precise modeling of reinforced concrete structures. Comprehensive libraries include structural elements, openings, and materials and sections, as well as level management tools for easier modeling. Create elements of any shape as ACIS solids, and then easily convert them to Advance Concrete elements.
Reinforcement modeling and detailing
Use a variety of tools to reinforce structural elements.
- Detail bars and meshes freely, directly on 2D drawings, while Advance Concrete creates and maintains a 3D model.
- Select from a library of predefined bar shapes.
- Assign parametric reinforcement attributes for each object (beams, columns, openings).
- Automate the placement of reinforcement bars and keep drawings up to date when models are modified.
- Automatically optimize mesh and bent mesh reinforcements.
- Create and visualize 3D reinforcement cages, and check clashes more easily.
Automated construction drawings
Generate construction drawings directly from your design model, including sections, elevations, foundations, isometric views, and total or partial cuts. Automatic dimensioning and locating tools help you produce drawings more quickly. Work in 2D or 3D, depending on your preferences and project requirements. Advance Concrete supports basic AutoCADconcepts and functions.
BOM and rebar schedules
Use list templates to generate bills of materials (BOMs) and bar bending schedules that are fully customizable and support certain country standards. Linked lists update the model when you make changes. Manage list output and export using a variety of methods, including export to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Let users work on separate parts of a project simultaneously to speed detailing on large projects.