Incorporating traffic signs and road markings into your design plans is made easier thanks to Autosign, the new, multi-faceted software developed by CGS plus.
Easy to use and offering many timesaving features, Autosign enhances the look of your designs and adds new levels of accuracy by automating the sign design process.
Autosign also allows users to: place traffic sign assemblies; design road markings and overhead sign supports; build interactive plans of sign placements; and evaluate sign designs in their CAD drawings.
But these features are just a sampling of the overall versatility the software offers users.
In short, Autosign eliminates many of the manual steps usually associated with placing signs in your designs. So you not only enhance the look and accuracy of your designs, but save time as well thanks to an easy-to-use program that can be integrated into any operation.
Create both conceptual, and phys¬ical designs by offering a wide range of options for almost any type of design scenario. For exam¬ple, you can select (and then po¬sition) traffic signs from a library containing regulatory, warning, informational, directional, and other signs related to roadway geometry. You can also create de¬tailed road sign reports, complete with user comments.
Other Traffic Signs features:
• Place traffic signs according to alignment reference
• Insert traffic signs in CAD draw¬ings, complete with interactive rotation and offset position controls
• List traffic signs from the library list, which includes sign previews
• Edit and/or add custom-made traffic signs to the sign library
• Edit, move and/or copy traffic signs
Traffic signs can be placed in the design according to alignment reference. You can use any Autosign or AutoCAD Civil 3D alignment for that purpose. Using Autosign you can also quickly create detailed traffic sign reports
Creating the required road mark¬ings is an important part of any detailed design. Given this, de¬veloping (and accurately placing) road line and crossroad markings, stripes, ghost islands hatches, lane direction arrows, and more is easy using Autosign’s interactive tools.
Other Road Markings features:
• Draw road line and crossroad markings
• Draw ghost island hatches and line direction arrows
• Edit, label, and delete road markings
• Label designed road markings and produce accurate road markings reports for cost estimates
Adding country specific road markings to the design.
Road markings report.
Designing road sign gantries is made easier with Autosign thanks to the various geometrical options and sizes offered to fit a wide range of possible roadway layouts. You can not only easily customize the geometry of overhead sign supports, but also edit overhead sign support positions dynamically to accommodate any type of road geometry.
Other Road Sign Gantry features:
• Create roadside gantries from a pre-defined geometry list
• Insert gantries to CAD drawings using the interactive placement option
• Edit gantry geometry parame¬ters and positions
• Add traffic and user-defined guide signs to inserted gantries
When you design road sign gantries and sign portals, you can choose from previously defined types of frames and sections.
Enhance your designs by creat¬ing 3D views of traffic signs, road markings, and/or overhead sign supports on any 3D face surface, CGS plus surface, or AutoCAD Civ¬il 3D surface. This allows you to analyze layout designs and inspect sign visibilities in 3D, but also check for other potential problems using a multi-dimensional view.
Any changes made to the traffic signs or pavement markings in the design layout (left) are reflected also in 3D view (right).
Other features of 3D Traffic Signs & Road Markings:
• View traffic signs and road markings in 3D view for accu¬rate design validation
• Create accurate 3D traffic sign and road marking visualizations
• Use 3D visualizations to check for possible problems, like sig¬nage overlaps or clearance issues
Autosign supports many languages and includes following libraries with country specific traffic signs and pavement markings:
German, Austrian, Turkish, Polish, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian, Libraries in preparation:USA, Czeck Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, FYROM.
Autosign works on AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Map 3D 2017 to 2013 and BricsCAD Platinum and PRO V16 to v13.