Design more reliable infrastructure
3D design tools for civil engineering
Use the intelligent, model-based tools in Infrastructure Design Suite to gain more accurate, accessible, and actionable insight throughout the lifecycle of your civil engineering projects.
Watch overview Video
See what you can do
Understand and communicate project dependencies better
- Explore and communicate design concepts
- Get projects approved faster and help win work
- Promote greater visibility into project constructability
Maintain more consistent data, context, processes
- Aggregate data from a variety of formats
- Develop more consistent, accurate construction documentation
- Apply industry standards more easily
Respond more quickly to change
- Gain greater flexibility to make design changes
- Apply discipline-specific tools for a more streamlined process
- Improve designs by conducting engineering analysis
Aggregate and visualize data more effectively
- Manage data from many sources
- Build large data-rich city models
- Enhance insight into existing conditions
Analyze information to help inform decisions
- Conduct spatial analysis to help see trends
- Facilitate identification of priority locations
- Analyze impacts of new developments
Communicate project options more easily
- More quickly model and visualize alternatives
- Show intent more effectively with realistic visuals
- Create thematic maps to support reporting requirements
Create more consistent designs
- Design in an AutoCAD environment
- Improve accuracy with rules-based standards
- Work more quickly with templates and workflows
Optimize with analysis
- Calculate voltage drop and flicker
- Calculate underground cable tension
- Calculate overhead sag for wind and ice
Deliver more complete documentation
- Deliver documentation in a single package
- Provide more complete engineering data
- Automate bill of materials creation
(Video: 2:39 min.)
See what your company can do
Create better proposals
- Demonstrate a better understanding of project needs
- Create more realistic proposals of design alternatives
- Communicate options more effectively
Minimize project dependencies
- Create visualizations to help validate design decisions
- Help minimize construction documentation errors
- Identify issues before construction
- Use tools to help decrease hours on fixed-cost projects
- Accommodate last-minute changes more easily
- Support productivity with more consistent data
Produce better designs
- Minimize errors with model-based tools
- Optimize with integrated analysis
- Minimize documentation errors
- Share information with teams and stakeholders
- Generate documentation as a by-product of the design
- Help identify issues earlier to minimize errors in the field
Achieve greater transparency
- Attract more competitive bids
- Improve cost estimate accuracy
- Demonstrate impact with more realistic visuals
Promote design efficiency
- Improve knowledge transfer
- Optimize workflows to minimize rework
- Incorporate industry design standards
Improve materials use
- Optimize materials with engineering analysis
- Improve design to construction processes
- Deliver more accurate estimates
Improve data confidence
- Help reduce time-consuming processes
- Minimize as-built backlogs
- Deliver design data to the enterprise
(Video: 4:30 min.)
Explore constructability virtually
- Aggregate data for whole-project review
- Understand scope of labor and materials better
- Coordinate site and workflow planning more effectively
Improve cost reliability
- Generate material takeoffs more rapidly
- Evaluate the cost of design alternatives
- Help resolve conflicts before construction
Predict project outcomes more accurately
- Simulate schedules and logistics in 4D
- Assess and quantify scope changes
- Communicate plans to stakeholders more easily
Features for civil infrastructure development
Infrastructure Design Suite images illustrate how you can plan, design, document, and build your civil infrastructure development projects. Explore and analyze civil engineering design options. Develop visuals to help speed the agency approval process. Optimize construction costing for transportation, land, utility and water projects.
Access GIS data and perform spatial analysis
Support project decision making.
Explore civil planning and design options
Faster evaluation of project alternatives.
Visualize infrastructure design ideas
Improve visual communication.
Facilitate agency approval
Explain options and help streamline agency approval.
Develop plan submittals more quickly
Develop functional plans and detailed estimates.
Point cloud capabilities
Design in context from existing environments.
Design & document
Improve your visuals
Create visuals directly from project data.
Model bridges and tunnels
Model, analyze, and document civil structures.
Use model-based tools for utility networks
Help streamline electrical distribution design.
Comprehensive CAD tools
Use CAD tools created for infrastructure projects.
BIM Coordination with AutoCAD 2016
Model in context.
BIM 360 Glue Integration
Get deeper integration between Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue.
5D project scheduling
Simulate schedules and logistics in 5D.
Whole project coordination
Use 3D model for greater visibility into projects.
Construction cost optimization
Use the Quantification feature to optimize costs.